The department is committed to provide quality education in Mechanical Engineering that enables students to achieve excellence in their field of specialization. It strives to ensure an academic ambience that is important for encouraging the culture of research, development and innovation amongst students and faculties of Mechanical Engineering Department. The department imparts the skills based training programs in the areas of Design, Manufacturing and Thermal Engineering which are the backbone of mechanical industries.
The department also endeavours to inculcate in the students, the qualities of team spirit, leadership, communication skills and an aptitude for lifelong learning. This objective is achieved through the Project Based Learning methods and multidisciplinary mega-projects wherein the students get hands-on experience of working with tools and machines. The department, is continuously striving to develop the technical as well as professional skills of students by exposing them to industry culture, industrial visits, expert lectures, and seminars.
The department features state-of-the-art infrastructure including well-developed laboratories for core courses like Turbo Machinery, Thermal Engineering, Mechanical Measurement and Automation, Kinematics of Machinery, Dynamics of Machinery, Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning, etc. The department also have two industry sponsored labs, BABA Automobile Lab and MECHATOL Lab. It also features a full-fledged workshop which provides hands-on skills related to workshop practices.
The department is proudly associated with 02 major student chapters:
Head Of Department (Mechanical)
9 years of teaching experience
Research area: Industry 4.0, PBL
Bhaveshkumar N. Pasi is working as Associate Professor in Vishwaniketan’s iMEET (ViMEET) and is a Doctoral Student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai, India. His current areas of research are Industry 4.0, structural analysis of Inflatable materials and supervisors’ role in PBL.
He has more than 09 years of experience in Industry and Technical education. He has obtained 07 Patents. He has written 03 textbooks in the field of Mechanical Engineering. He has published more than 20 research papers in National and International Journals and Conferences.
Awards and Achievements:
1. He won 2nd Rank in 16th Avishkar Research Convention 2021-22 organized by University of Mumbai under Commerce, Management and Law Category and Post-Ph.D. Level.
2. He won Platinum Award (1st Prize) in MILCA Award 2022 organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
3. He won National Productivity Award-2021 (1st Prize-Platinum Category) for presenting case study on “Forging Operation Productivity Improvement: A Case Study” in 62nd National Convention of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (Mumbai Chapter), India.
4. He won 1st Prize in National Essay Competition 2019 (Theme: Circular Economy for Productivity and Sustainability) held at NITIE, India.
5. He has received “Young Achiever Award 2020” from Institute of Scholars, Bengaluru for research work title “Smart Forging Machine” (Patent No. 325755-001).
6. He has received “Award of Excellence 2020” from G-Town Society, Delhi for excellence in “Educationist Reformer – Industry & Technical Education”.
He has received an opportunity to work as a task manager in CBHE EU ERASMUS+ CENTRAL Project. He is a Reviewer for many International Journals.
He was appointed as Technical Committee Member for the Regional Research Symposium on PBL held at KLE Technological University, Hubballi in 2019. He is invited by various higher education institutions to deliver talk on Industry 4.0. He has trained faculties on PBL in Faculty Development Program organized by Kolhapur Institute of Technology, India.